District of Columbia Annual Report

Annual reports filed with the Secretary of State in District of Columbia are official documents that provide a comprehensive overview of a business's financial performance, operations, and activities throughout the previous year. These reports are required by law and serve as a way for businesses to maintain transparency and accountability with the government and stakeholders.

Follow the guide below to help you file your annual report with the Secretary of State in District of Columbia or use Mosey to do it.

Use Mosey to automate annual reports in District of Columbia.

District of Columbia Biennial Report for C Corporation, LLC, LLP

Businesses registered with the DC Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection are required to file biennial reports every other year, due on April 1. Note: You are not required to file during your first calendar year of registration.

  1. File Biennial Report

    Log in to CorpOnline with your Access DC account to file a biennial report.

What else do I need to know?

There may be additional things you will need to do to maintain your "good standing" in the state including having a registered agent and other kinds of taxes.

Maintaining a Registered Agent

Most states require that you have a registered agent that can receive important mail from the Secretary of State should they need to contact you. There are many commercial options available or you can use Mosey to be your registered agent and keep your information private in District of Columbia.

Other Taxes

In addition to maintaining a registered agent, maintaining your good standing can include additional taxes. This can include franchise tax, sales tax, or other state taxes. You can use Mosey to identify these additional requirements to maintain good standing in District of Columbia.

Review your compliance risks, free.

More from the blog

Learn how to keep your business compliant in all 50 states across payroll, HR, Secretary of State, and tax.

Do I Need Labor Law Posters? Complete Compliance Guide

Labor law posters are federal and state documents that contain information about employee rights and responsibilities. Businesses are required to display labor law posters in their place of business and distribute notices electronically to remote workers. Do I need labor law posters? Whether or not you are required to post state and federal labor law posters depends on whether or not you have employees. If… Your business has at least one employee on payroll (including part-time employees), then you are required to post labor law posters in their place of work.

Gabrielle Sinacola | Jun 9, 2023

What Is the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) represents a cornerstone of U.S. labor law in the federal government, safeguarding employees’ rights to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons. Enacted with the intent to support employees in balancing work demands with personal and family health needs, FMLA ensures the continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms as if the leave had not been taken.

Kaitlin Edwards | Mar 20, 2024

Pass-Through Entity: Flow-Through Entities Explained

It’s common for businesses to seek safe, effective, lawful ways to minimize their tax liability. A high tax bill can throttle the potential for a business to thrive, grow, and innovate. If your business operates as a pass-through entity, it may be easier to preserve funds, pay yourself in the early stages of your business, and grow to your full potential. This is what businesses need to consider when choosing a structure and how Mosey can work to keep businesses tax-compliant.

Kaitlin Edwards | Apr 29, 2024

Ready to get started?

Sign up now or schedule a free consultation to see how Mosey transforms business compliance.